Please note: This was published over a year ago. Phone numbers, email addresses and other information may have changed.
Blogging at Portland Community College
We are now piloting a platform for blogs at PCC. For those not familiar, a blog is a website consisting of posts about a certain subject, or area of interest. A good blog will publish posts on a regular basis – daily, or weekly.
We, on the web team, have been working to set up a platform that is both fun and easy to use. Some of the awesome features include:
- It’s easy to get started
- You just need a web browser and an Internet connection. There is no special software to download, or install.
- Blogging is always more fun with friends
- You don’t have to do this alone. Each blog can have multiple authors. Get some other people involved to help write posts for your blog.
- Get ready to start a conversation
- You write a post and hit ‘publish’… but that’s only the beginning. Commenting allows your readers to give immediate feedback and opinions.
Who’s it for?
At the moment, we’re testing out the platform as a way to enhance websites on www.pcc.edu. The newest blog posts will be embedded directly into your existing site. For example, take a look at the web team’s page about blogging.
How do I get started?
Are you the content owner of en existing program/resource site on www.pcc.edu? Simply send us a message with the following information:
- The address of your current website
- List of authors who would have access to create posts
- A short description of what you plan to do with your blog