Job Opening: District Sustainability Assistant
Position Title: District Sustainability Assistant
Portland Community College Sustainability is looking for a passionate, energetic and organized individual to join our team in a part-time, temporary capacity to advance the college’s sustainability efforts. Under direction of the District Sustainability Manager, the Sustainability Assistant will assist with college-wide sustainability projects and initiatives and provide administrative support.
Essential Functions (to include, but not limited to):
- Perform general administrative tasks, including: note taking, writing document summaries, sending emails and returning phone calls.
- Assist with the coordination and promotion of existing sustainability programs, such as coordinating the Green Office program, etc.
- Manage the Sustainability online presence, including the website and social media.
- Conduct research on potential new initiatives and opportunities that will contribute to the achievement of college-wide sustainability goals.
- Assist with the implementation of new sustainability programs/initiatives and develop sustainability resources.
- Conduct sustainability assessments and gather data including waste audits and other methods.
- Support events and programs related to sustainability, such as Earth Week, Eco Challenge and Campus Sustainability Month.
- Coordinate promotional activities and tabling during college events.
- Develop educational materials for staff and students and coordinate outreach campaigns.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Experience working in sustainability or a related field (extended coursework may be substituted).
- A solid understanding of and passion for sustainability and social justice.
- Skills in research, critical thinking, project management, and data entry.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to effectively organize and meet established deadlines.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
- Comfortable using social media i.e. Facebook, Twitter
- 18 years of age or older.
- S. citizen, national or lawful permanent resident.
- Possession of a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field.
- Competency in Adobe Suites.
- Web design skills.
Pay Rate: $16/hr
This is a casual position and does not have permanent funding.
Hours per Week: 10-20 (maximum of 599 hours through June 30, 2018) and schedule is flexible. Hours will vary and some evening/weekend work may be required.
TO APPLY: Please send your resume and a cover letter briefly explaining your interest and qualifications for the position to email@example.com. The position is open until filled with a hopeful start date in July or August, 2017.